Adult Summer Reading Program - 2019
Organization: Adams Memorial Library
Description: The 2019 Adult Summer Reading Program "Trip to the Moon" will be held June 3rd through August 3rd.
* It's approximately 240,000 miles from the Earth to the Moon. We will be reading "a mile a minute" to try to reach the Moon this summer - 240,000 minutes in all!
* Track your hours of reading (log sheets at library). Each Star Level equals 300 miles/minute (5 hours) of reading. For each Star Level you reach, you will receive one raffle ticket towards the grand prize drawing. Cross off the stars as you go!
* Whenever you visit the library, report your hours so we can add your time to our cumulative total. Each time the Library reaches its own Star Levels (at 30,000 miles/minutes or 500 hours) we will pull one name from the raffle pool for a special milestone prize - you will get a star named after you!
* Your star will be registered with www.star-registration.com. You will receive a certificate, star map showing your star's location, and a Swarovski star-shaped crystal as a momento of the theme. Please note: this is not a government-authorized website and bears no legal rights to the star - it's just for fun.
* There will also be weekly games, introduced each Monday. If you miss a week you can ask for the previous week's game, but you cannot work ahead to next week's game. Turn in a completed game to earn a bonus raffle ticket. One bonus raffle ticket per person per week.
Prize #1 - $100 Walmart Gift Card
Prize #2 - $100 Amazon.com Gift Card
Location: Adams Memorial Library, Latrobe
Date & Time:
Registration is required
Contact: Adams Memorial Library
Phone: (724) 539-1972
This event listing was created by Adams Memorial Library Staff. If you are in charge of this event and notice any errors, please contact email@example.com